Measure R Citizens Oversight Committee Chosen
Huntington Beach, June 27, 2017, the Ocean View School District Board of Trustees voted to approve the District’s 2017-2018 Measure R Citizens’ Oversight Committee (COC). The COC, which will be comprised of 10 members, will provide oversight of Measure R bond expenditures. Measure R was passed by voters with 58.8% YES votes in November 2016 and will provide $169M in general obligation bonds for the improvement of school facilities in the Ocean View School District.
Applications were due to the District in early June and a Subcommittee of the Board, consisting of President Gina Clayton-Tarvin, Clerk John Briscoe, Superintendent Carol Hansen, and Deputy Superintendent Michael Conroy. The committee met to review applications and chose the final member appointees.
The Measure R Independent COC members, according to category, are:
• Business Representative(s) - Libbie Rector Knobbe & Donna Alexander
• Senior Citizen Group(s) - Ellen Riley & Gayle Wayne
• Taxpayer Organization Member - Gracey Larrea-Van Der Mark
• Parent of Child Enrolled in OVSD - Cheryl Delavega-Shyres
• Parent of Child Enrolled in OVSD, Active in Parent Group - Joe Miller & Vanessa Nalle
• At-Large Community Member(s) - Mark Bixby & Tom Ugland