OVSD-Measure R/Construction Update
OVSD Construction Update:
Now that school has concluded, Westmont, Sun View, and Oak View have varying degrees of preparation work for their respective schools. All teachers and staff have until end of next week, June 29 2018, to complete packing their classrooms.
Here is a brief summary for each school site:
Sun View (Interim Housing Site)
• Teachers and staff are packing materials that need to stay or be transported to new teacher assignments (new schools)
• Facilities staff to move boxes and furniture on campus or to other schools, disposing of broken/damaged, unneeded furniture and equipment.
• Start of construction project – demolition of old portables started June 21
• Teachers and staff purging, packing materials that need to be transported to Sun
• Facilities staff to move boxes and furniture to Sun, useable furniture and equipment to Park, disposing of broken/damaged, unneeded furniture and equipment.
• Contractor bids due to District July 17; Board approval of contractors August 14; construction starts August 27
Oak View (Gym/MPR project)
• Teachers and staff in portables 30, 31, 32 are packing materials that need to be moved to new classrooms inside main building
• Oak View teachers and staff packing materials from P1, P2, P3, and P4 portables, MPR and Community Services portable - these buildings are going to be demolished
• Construction begins for the Gym